Considerations before your session:
- Reschedule if you have a fever.
- Reschedule if you have skin irritations.
- Reschedule if you are trying to stabilize your medication.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking water before and after the massage.
- Light stretching prior to session warms the muscles in preparation for deeper work.
- Enjoy a warm shower or bath before your massage appointment.
- A snack before your appointment can prevent you from feeling hungry during your session.
- Having a large meal beforehand may leave you uncomfortable lying on your stomach.
- Please do not wear perfume or scented lotions for your appointment.
- Abstain from alcohol, drink less caffeine or skip it altogether the day of your massage.
- Do not apply lotion before receiving a Myofascial Release treatment.
- Arrive a few minutes to allow time to relax before your session.
Suggestions for getting the most from your session:
- Talking is optional however remaining quiet and going inward may enhance relaxation.
- Slow, deep breathing elicits a relaxation response in the body.
- Give yourself permission to relax deeply
- Let me know about the pressure I'm using, and if there's any pain or sensitivities as I work.
- Touch is very powerful, and can help release emotions stored in the body.
- Not talking allows one to surrender into profound relaxation
- Expect a change of consciousness as you achieve full relaxation.
- Enjoy your massage experience!
and creates greater awareness of one's body and overall responses to the experience.
Recommendations for afterwards:
- Schedule your next session so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle of life.
- Allow extra time after session so rushing is not necessary.
- Make sure you are grounded and ready to drive.